The Parish Church of St Symphorian, Durrington
from 13th Century to the modern day
in ten year milestones
When extensive repairs were needed to the Mission Room, enthusiasm was rekindled for the restoration work. However, it was not until 14th July 1914, when the Ancient Township and Chappelry of Durrington was constituted as a separate Ecclesiastical Parish that things began to happen. Rev. William Edward Dixon Penfold was appointed Vicar of Durrington and during his early ministry work began on the restoration of the church.