The Parish Church of St Symphorian, Durrington
from 13th Century to the modern day
in ten milestones
Part of the old building was incorporated in the present one, using the foundation of the north wall, and part of the south and west walls and extending the nave. The dedication of the original church is unknown but on 13th October 1915 the new church was dedicated to St. Symphorian and was consecrated on 15th December 1916. The chancel and vestries were added and the final work was dedicated by Bishop Bell on 3rd September 1941.